What do I need to know before dating a Colombian man? Question What do I need to know before dating a Colombian man? can you share your thoughts on this in progress 0 date, dates, over 7 months 1 Answer 10 views 0
Answer ( 1 )
Colombia is one of the countries with the highest number of single men in the world. In fact, Colombia ranks third among Latin American countries for the largest population of unmarried men. There are several reasons why Colombians are not married. Some of them include:
1) Lack of education. Many young adults don’t finish school because they start working at early ages. They often leave school without finishing high school.
2) Low income. Most of the time, Colombians earn less money than their counterparts in neighboring countries.
3) High divorce rate. According to a study conducted by the United Nations Population Fund, about 50% of marriages end in divorce.
4) Poor health care system. Because of the lack of resources, many families cannot afford medical services.
5) Social stigma. Due to the social stigma surrounding homosexuality, many Colombian men prefer to date heterosexual women.
6) Religion. Catholicism is the official religion in Colombia. As such, many men believe that marriage is a religious obligation.
7) Culture. Dating is considered taboo in Colombia. Men tend to avoid talking to women outside of family.
8) Language barrier. Although Spanish is spoken throughout the country, many Colombians speak English fluently.
9) Immigration restrictions. Many foreign men come to Colombia looking for jobs. These men usually marry Colombian women.
10) Lifestyle differences. Many Colombians live in rural areas. Living in rural areas makes it difficult for young men to find a wife.
Know what you’re looking for
Dating a Colombian man can be very rewarding. However, there are some things you should know before jumping right in.
First, he may not speak English fluently. So, when communicating with him, use simple words and phrases. Also, avoid slang and colloquialisms because these words won’t translate well.
Second, he may be shy. So, try to keep conversations light and casual. Don’t force yourself to talk about serious topics unless he brings them up.
Third, he may be insecure. So, don’t take his comments too seriously. He may say things just to impress you.
Fourth, he may be jealous. So, don’t expect him to share everything with you. And don’t expect him to tell you every detail of his life story.
Fifth, he may be controlling. So, don’t let him control the conversation. Let him lead.
Sixth, he may be possessive. So, don’t assume that he wants to date only you.
Seventh, he may be arrogant. So, don’t act surprised when he says or does something rude.
Eighth, he may be disrespectful. So, don’t treat him like a child.
Ninth, he may be manipulative. So, don’t fall for his tricks.
Tenth, he may be dishonest. So, don’t trust him blindly.
Eleventh, he may be lazy. So, don’t count on him to help out.
Be honest about yourself
If you’re looking for a relationship with a Colombian man, be honest about who you are. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not just because he wants to date you.
Colombian men are very picky when it comes to women. They expect you to be honest about yourself, too. So if you lie about your age, weight, height, income, or any other personal information, you may find out later that he doesn’t trust you.
And if you lie about your job, career, hobbies, interests, family history, or any other important aspect of your life, you may find out that he doesn’t respect you.
Don’t waste his time or yours. Be honest about who you are and what you’ve done in your past. He won’t mind. And if he does, he’s not worth your time.
Don’t expect too much from him
Colombian men are very different than American men. They’re not as aggressive, and they’re often shy. So be prepared for some surprises when dating a Colombian man.
They may seem reserved at first, but once they warm up, they become quite friendly. And they definitely appreciate a woman who takes initiative.
If you want to date a Colombian man, here are some tips to help you avoid disappointment:
Do research on his family history
If you’re considering moving to Colombia, there are some things you should consider before making this life-changing decision.
First, do research on his family history. What does he tell you about his background? Is he proud of where he comes from? Does he talk about his parents, grandparents, siblings, etc.?
Second, find out what his culture is like. Do you understand the language? Can you communicate with him? Are you comfortable speaking Spanish?
Third, learn about his religion. Does he practice any faith? Does he attend church regularly?
Fourth, find out what his values are. What is important to him? What makes him happy? What does he believe in?
Fifth, ask yourself whether you would be able to live with these cultural differences. Would you be willing to adapt to his lifestyle?
Sixth, figure out what type of person he is. What qualities does he possess? What traits does he exhibit?
Finally, determine whether you’d be compatible. Do you share similar interests? Do you have common goals?
Once you’ve answered those questions, you’ll be better prepared to move forward with your relationship.
Knowing what you want out of life is important, so don’t settle for less than you deserve.