What percent of Melbourne FL is black?


What percent of Melbourne FL is black? will be happy to get all sorts of information

in progress 0
10 months 1 Answer 47 views 0

Answer ( 1 )

  1. Melbourne Florida is a city located in the state of Florida, United States. According to 2015 U.S. Census estimates, the population of the City of Melbourne was estimated at about 130,976. There were approximately 50,856 African Americans living in Melbourne Florida in 2015. That makes the percentage of blacks in Melbourne Florida 4% or 1/25th of the overall population.

    The racial makeup of the city was:

    African American (50.8%)

    White (39.4%)

    Hispanic (7.6%)

    Asian (1.0%)

    Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (0.3%)

    Some Other Race (2.5%)

    Two or More Races (0.6%)

    There were approximately 10,971 Hispanics residing in Melbourne Florida in 2015, which represents 7.6% of the population.

    The Black Population in Melbourne Florida

    Melbourne Florida is home to over 1 million residents. About 30% of them are African American. The remaining 70% are white, Hispanic, Asian, and other ethnic groups.

    This means there are approximately 300,000 African Americans living in Melbourne Florida. This number represents only 2.5% of the total population.

    If you’re wondering whether this percentage is accurate, here’s some information to help you decide.

    Why Is There A Black Population In Melbourne Florida?

    Melbourne Florida is a majority white city. However, there is a large population of African Americans living in Melbourne. This is because many blacks migrated to Melbourne during the 1960s and 1970s when jobs were plentiful in the area.

    During this period, Melbourne was known as a place where blacks could find work. The influx of blacks changed the face of the city, making it a melting pot of cultures. Today, most residents of Melbourne are either black or mixed race.

    Today, Melbourne remains home to a thriving community of African American families. Many live in the suburbs surrounding the city. They attend schools with mostly white students and participate in activities with mostly white peers.

    However, some African Americans still feel isolated in the predominantly white suburbia. To help them connect with others who share similar experiences, the local chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) organizes events and social gatherings for African Americans.

    The History Of Blacks In Melbourne Florida

    Melbourne Florida was founded in 1822. The city was named after Lord Melbourn who owned land there. He had been given the title by King George III.

    Blacks were brought here from Africa during slavery times. They worked on plantations growing cotton and tobacco.

    By 1860, blacks made up nearly half of the population. However, whites began moving out of the area because of racial tensions between them and blacks. This led to the decline of the black community.

    Today, blacks make up only 2% of the population.

    In nut shell

    This article will give you some interesting facts about the black population in Melbourne Florida.